Nuclear Blast Records is looking for a talented Graphic Designer with impeccable work ethic to join our team! Prior experience in the music industry is not a requirement, although preferred. We are looking for artists who can easily grasp the visual concepts required per assignment. MUST CURRENTLY LIVE IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A.
This is a full-time position.
This position is primarily responsible for designing and producing art and copy layouts for material to be presented by visual communications media such as books, magazines, newspapers, television, electronic media, and packaging by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
• Creates artwork and/or designs elements for both digital and physical medium.
• Prioritizes, tracks, handles and maintains records of the elements, and time schedules of multiple projects.
• Consults with client and/or supervisor to evaluate individual project needs.
• Prepares digital mock-ups of material according to instructions of client and/or supervisor.
• Studies illustrations, photographs and text to plan presentation of material, product or service.
• Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, and creates sample layouts.
• Prepares and presents mock-ups to supervisor and/or client for selection and approval.
• Presents final layout to supervisor and/or client for approval.
• Maintains image resource files.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
• Design - Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All interested and qualified applicants, please
SEND AN E-MAIL to account-us [at] nuclearblastusa [dot] com
Message Subject Must Read:
Nuclear Blast Graphic Designer: Your Name
Include the following information in your message:
- Wage requirement (required)
- A website link or PDF to your digital portfolio
- Cover letter