This is a non-paying position and is only open to those who can receive school credit for it. If your school has an internship program, you will need to go and sign yourself up if selected by us!
Internship Position: Social Media Marketing
Company: Nuclear Blast Records
Location: Los Angeles, CA
REPORTS TO: Head of Interactive Marketing / New Media
DEPARTMENT: Interactive Marketing
The Interactive Marketing Department encompasses all aspects of digital marketing including: new media, publicity, touring, creative services, web design, advertising and marketing for all Nuclear Blast Recording Artists.
Nuclear Blast Records is seeking a creative self-starter with a great understanding of social media to fill the internship role of Social Marketing at our Los Angeles office.
Social Marketing Description:
You will be involved with the social marketing aspects of Nuclear Blast artists. We’re looking for someone that is excited about social media, our artists and label, and facing new marketing challenges. You should be ambitious, have a passion for learning and must be meticulous with details and organization of your work.
- Monitoring and maintaining campaign specific social network sites (Twitter, Facebook pages and apps, Landing Pages, etc.)
- Follow up with artist social properties post-album release to not lose momentum.
- Help interactive marketing team set up fan engagement campaigns (Band Q&A’s, CTA campaigns, Hashtag / Retweet contests, Instagram call outs, etc).
- Prepare an ongoing schedule of local and regional contests and giveaways and execute all promotions to maximize exposure for artist, tour and overall tasks.
- Manage day-to-day activities of campaign specific social network sites including community-outreach, engaging in dialogues and answering questions.
- Monitor assigned social networks for potential threats or opportunities in regards to each campaign.
- Monitor campaign platform for violations and remove posts as necessary.
- Educate and engage fans as well as supplying content for discussion.
- Bring creativity and new thinking to our team. You will be helping us come up with out of the box ideas!
- Create web flyers and banners for retail / digital / contest promotions using Photoshop when needed.
- Assist publicity department by posting news updates to social networking sites (interview / review links, publication scans, press releases).
- Research ways to attract more fans/followers so campaign messages are reaching larger audiences.
- Communicate on trends, interesting posts, key influencers, questions and problems that arise during daily assignment to head of interactive marketing.
- Follow and share the latest developments in social technologies and products to benefit campaigns.
- Knowledge of Metal genre and Nuclear Blast artists a plus!
- Know the differences between metal genres and how to efficiently target the proper bands to the right audience.
- Intern should have ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and familiarize with a variety of new tasks quickly.
- Must have GREAT memory. There will be tons of things you will need to remember!
- MUST work from Los Angeles office! Open to U.S. residents only at this time.
- Excellent communication (verbal, listening and writing) skills and an outstanding attention to detail. I cannot stress this enough.
- Strong social media monitoring skills.
- Willingness to learn and take on multiple roles at once.
- Ability to analyze data and craft an overall result of projects.
- Reliable and organized enough to manage deadlines.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver a plus. If you don't know, we can teach you.
- Basic movie editing skills with iMovie, Final Cut Pro (helpful, but not required), etc.
- Basic understanding of HTML. If you don't know, we can teach you.
- Knowledge of Flash (helpful, but not required)
- Must be computer and Internet/search engine savvy to perform online research.
- Must have ability to use PC & related software, including Outlook, MS Excel, Word.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- MUST be attending College or High School
- MUST be at least 18 years old or over
- MUST have your own transportation to and from NB - headquarters
- MUST complete a minimum of 150 internship hours
- Most important, have a very good understanding of our artists and the metal genre as a whole
All interested and qualified applicants, please
SEND AN E-MAIL to mail [at] nuclearblastusa [dot] com
Message Subject Must Read:
Nuclear Blast Social Media Marketing Internship: Your Name
Include the following information in your message:
City, State, Zip Code:
Please include a link to your Facebook / Twitter / YouTube pages to get a better understanding of who you are and how you utilize social media:
If you have a website with samples of your work, please include a link in your submission for review:
Tell us about yourself, your qualifications, etc:
Why should Nuclear Blast USA pick you?
Is there something you know about (promotional tool: app, website, etc) that we should be using to better promote our artists? How and why should we use this?
Do you have any suggestions on what Nuclear Blast can do to elevate us from the competition?
Please make sure to follow these instructions carefully.
We will select the candidates based on your submission and how you respond.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!