Digital Marketing Strategist
NUCLEAR BLAST AMERICA, INC.
Los Angeles, CA
The Interactive Marketing Department encompasses all aspects of digital marketing including: new media, publicity, touring, creative services, web design, advertising and marketing for all Nuclear Blast recording artists. The Digital Marketing Strategist is responsible for the social marketing aspects of Nuclear Blast Records and its artists.
We're seeking a world class and experienced digital marketing strategist who's passionate about our artists, label and facing new marketing challenges. You should be ambitious, have a passion for learning and must be meticulous with details and organization of your work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepare and execute ongoing schedule for worldwide teams which include but is not limited to: album and tour announcements, video shoot scheduling, promotional trailers, contests, giveaways, fan engagement campaigns: Q&A's, hashtag CTA, etc.
· Communicate with artist and/or their management to obtain content needed for worldwide distribution and promotion.
· Monitor and maintain campaign specific sites for both label and artist (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Landing Pages, Band Websites, etc).
· Understand how each platform works and how to best optimize posts and uploads.
· Manage day-to-day activities of campaign-specific social sites including community-outreach, engaging in dialogue and answering questions.
· Monitor assigned social networks for potential threats or opportunities around each campaign.
· Monitor campaign platforms for violations and remove unauthorized content as necessary.
· Educate and engage fans as well as supplying content for discussion.
· Bring creativity and new thinking to our team. You will be helping the department come up with out-of-the-box ideas to promote our artists and releases!
· Create graphics in Photoshop for artist and label social properties (promotional, physical retail, DSPs, etc).
· Create album trailers in Adobe Premiere (or Final Cut Pro) for assigned campaigns.
· Book advertisements throughout social platforms and understand how to target the right audience for each artist while effectively utilizing assigned budgets.
· Communicate on trends, interesting posts, key influencers, questions and problems that arise to head of department.
· Research methods to better reach fans/followers so campaign messages are reaching larger audiences on each platform.
· Work with publicity department to share updates to social networking sites (interview / review links, publication scans, press releases).
· Work with online store department for product launches and gathering links for campaigns and newsletters.
· Communicate with digital distribution department to understand pre-order start dates, digital singles and focus tracks for assigned campaigns. Communicate any issues that may arise from DSPs to the label digital distribution department and to the label's digital distributors.
· Work with sales and distribution to understand which retailers to tag for assigned campaigns.
· Four to six years related experience and/or training
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
· Knowledge of the Metal and Rock genre, the record label and its artists
· Must be willing to work irregular hours due to meet time zone deadlines
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow and meet multiple deadlines
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Proficient in Adobe Photoshop; Dreamweaver a plus, PC- & related software, including Outlook, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, FTP, and internet search engines
· Basic video editing skills (Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro)
· Working knowledge of HTML
· Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and familiarize with a variety of new tasks quickly
· Strong social media monitoring skills
--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Problem Solving
--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Project Management
--Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
· Technical Skills
--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Interpersonal Skills
--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication
--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication
--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Quality Management
--Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Cost Consciousness
--Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Strategic Thinking
--Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
--Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
--Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
--Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
--Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
--Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Frequently required to sit
· Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
· Occasionally required to talk or hear
· Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All interested and qualified applicants:
SEND AN E-MAIL
with your cover letter, salary requirement, résumé (.pdf or .doc file), LinkedIn profile (if available) to:
mail [at] nuclearblastusa [dot] com
NO PHONE CALLS.
DROP OFF YOUR APPLICATION IN PERSON.
If you have a website showcasing examples of your work, past campaigns you've worked on (as part of a team or independently) and accomplishments, please include a link with your submission.
E-mail Subject Must Read:
Nuclear Blast Digital Marketing Strategist: Your Name
Please make sure to read and follow these instructions carefully.
We will only respond to qualified candidates who follow our instructions above. Please do not call or e-mail again to follow up.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!