VIDEO PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP
This is a non-paying position and is only open to those who can receive school credit for it. If your school has an internship program, you will need to go and sign yourself up if selected by us!
Internship Position: Video Production Specialist + Social Marketing
Company: Nuclear Blast Records
Location: Los Angeles, CA
REPORTS TO: Head of Interactive Marketing / New Media
DEPARTMENT: Interactive Marketing
The Interactive Marketing Department encompasses all aspects of digital marketing including: new media, publicity, touring, creative services, web design, advertising and marketing for all Nuclear Blast Recording Artists.
Nuclear Blast Records is seeking a creative self-starter with excellent video editorial skills AND social media experience to fill the internship role of Video Production Specialist / Social Marketing at our Los Angeles office.
Video Production Description:
The primary responsibility of the Video Production / Social Marketing intern will be to help review, edit and create various promotional video content (album teasers and trailers, tour commercials, lyric videos, documentary series, contests and other creative content) while upholding Nuclear Blast’s standards.
- Gather multimedia/video assets from interactive marketing team to create exclusive video content for promotional use.
- Work closely with design team to create graphics and animations for videos that are appealing to target audience.
- Obtain footage from Nuclear Blast artists in town for tour and album promotions.
- Review submitted video and multimedia. Give input and offer suggestions to artists and interactive marketing team on improvements or specific content you seek for creative video marketing and branding.
- Communicate with Interactive Marketing department to ensure that video content is factually correct.
- Internship must be completed from Los Angeles office! Open to U.S. residents only at this time.
- Understanding of video editing, animation, motion graphics, sound design and video compression code skills
- Knowledge of and experience with Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack Pro, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator. 3D experience is a plus.
- If you have a website with a demo reel demonstrating the ability to push the limits of video in a wide range of areas, please include a link with your submission.
- If you do not have a website, please make sure to include at least 5 to 10 YouTube and/or Vimeo links of the BEST video projects YOU have created alone, not with the help of anyone else, please. It’s ok to include video links containing artwork not necessarily created by you, but you manipulated the artwork to make something creative, but please keep to a minimum.
- Attending school for Art, Film or Digital Media production.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Excellent grammar and typing skills.
- MUST be attending College or High School
- MUST be at least 18 years old or over
- MUST have their own transportation to and from NB headquarters
- MUST complete a minimum of 150 internship hours
- Have a very good understanding of our artists and the metal genre as a whole
All interested and qualified applicants, please
SEND AN E-MAIL to mail [at] nuclearblastusa [dot] com
Message Subject Must Read:
Nuclear Blast Video Production Internship: Your Name
Include the following information in your message:
City, State, Zip Code:
Facebook / Twitter / YouTube URL:
Tell us about yourself, your qualifications, etc:
Why should Nuclear Blast USA pick you?
Please make sure to follow these instructions carefully.
We will select the candidates based on your submission and how you respond.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!